What is the name of the wooden wedge blocks that hold up guttering on older houses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My house has wooden wedges rather than plastic brackets to hold up the guttering. Do you know what these wedges are called and where I can buy them?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My house has wooden wedges rather than plastic brackets to hold up the guttering. Do you know what these wedges are called and where I can buy them?
no expert here
but wedges can only ever follow the cement lines between bricks and as guttering needs a fall so not following the brick course at all so a bodge
also guttering needs lateral support as well as vertical so again not good

Here are photos of examples of what I'm referring to

Attachments

• 20240429_092734-cropped.jpg
    20240429_092734-cropped.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240429_092755-cropped.jpg
    20240429_092755-cropped.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240429_092757-cropped.jpg
    20240429_092757-cropped.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 45
They look like carpented / wooden wedge-shaped blocks, but I don't know what they're called.

Sponsored Links
ahh ok not what i thought
extension off floor/roof timbers perhaps ??

A joiner can make them up for you or take one into a joiners workshop and ask them to make copies.

I had two corbels fall off, but don't remember this happening. I believe the guttering was good when I first moved into our home. I need to get scaffolding up and get a bracket put up to hoist the guttering where it sags ever so slightly. A roofer added one bracket already, but couldn't get to the sag because of sloping ground. The guttering has a square (not round) profile when you look along its length. What sort of bracket would be best to use for this? Also, do corbels have a mechanism where they screw into the guttering as well as the wall/facias to stop the guttering from sliding away from the roof/wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back