What is the name of this bracket/hinge/clamp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying to tracking down the name of this 'bracket' but I'm getting nowhere! :( You see them on things like desks or cabinets with pull down tops. Does anyone know their correct name? I've been using combinations of 'slider' but it turns up nothing.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 10.31.37.png

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
TSSS 10 PCS 147mm Adjustable Flat Plate with Slot, Steel Metal Connector Slidable Slotted Straps, Motor PC Case Holder CDC Machine Mounting Bracket DIY Multipurpose, Thickness 2.8mm, Load 20KG https://amzn.eu/d/9lHAt35

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies everyone. I mean the whole thing really. A grooved metal plate with wing nut screws. I'd always thought the arrangement would come as a 'whole'. In the past I'd always referred to them as sliding furniture brackets? You used to see them used a lot on old vintage cabinets.

The amazon link together with some wing nuts and screws would accomplish the job I suppose. I just thought I'd be able to buy the whole setup as a pack? So say, 2 metal plates and some nuts and bolts. Under a common name?

Looks like an adjustable mirror stay, as used on old dressing tables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back