What is this called inside my cistern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I noticed the cistern making a different noise when filling. The cistern is behind a panel. I removed the panel and the water is just making a fine spray when filling the cistern instead of filling properly. Even more alarming there's a bloody hole in the side of the cistern that the water is spraying through instead of 'running' out into the cistern.

So, I need to replace this item? (I've stuck some gaffer tape over the hole at the moment)

But, what is it I'm searching for? There seems to be lots of different types of cisterns and mechanisms etc. This cistern seems quite small behind this panel.

Does anyone know what I need to search for to replace this part?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_094925.jpg
    IMG_20220624_094925.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
You need a Fill valve which can be bottom entry or side entry through the cistern (tank) rather than parts imho.
Fill valve can be 3/8" and 1/2" depending on the pipe size.

You need a Fill valve which can be bottom entry or side entry through the cistern (tank) rather than parts imho.
Fill valve can be 3/8" and 1/2" depending on the pipe size.

Thanks for the help. It'll be a side entry the one I need. I'll source the one in Andy's post below. Thanks :)

This would fit:

Andy

Thanks for the link Andy. I've got a ToolStation down the road so will get one of them picked up.

Appreciate you taking the time to link me to the part. Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for everyone's help sorting this. I stripped it out and the diaphragm had split. Managed to get the exact same diaphragm from ScrewFix so - job done.
Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back