What is this pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We took down some stone cladding which was on the wall around the fireplace. Found this pipe, the stone cladding had been built around it and the pipe comes out of the concrete floor. The wall behind it is an internal wall. The stone cladding has been in place since the house was built, so the pipe has been there from the start as well. We have the plans of the house which was built in 1969 and the room was always planned to be a lounge and has never been anything else. As you can see, its beside the gas fireplace, however the fireplace has its own supply of gas. Is it water, gas, drain, something else....any suggestions welcome.

View media item 9628
View media item 9629

Sponsored Links
Pipe looks to be about 1 inch bsp used in gas supply.

I would go for a gas pipe.

Look to see if the pipe has the letters GF cast in the cap.
I believe it stands for gas fitting.

Certainly looks like gas to me

defo the gas supply for the fireplace

to remove it get a qualified gas Engineer

GAS WORK requires competence
Competence requires Training and certification with the recognised body CORGI until 1st April GASSAFE Register from 1st April

Pipe looks to be about 1 inch bsp used in gas supply.

I would go for a gas pipe.

Look to see if the pipe has the letters GF cast in the cap.
I believe it stands for gas fitting.

Certainly looks like gas to me

Just for clarity GF on a malleable iron fitting stands for George Fisher (One of the most popular malleable iron fitting manufacturer).

Sponsored Links
I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

Thanks for that master of none, i have learnt something today.
Just goes to show..........

:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back