What is this? protecting services, old path?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea what this is?

I want to plant a hedge can I safely break this up?

garden 1.jpg
garden 4.jpg
garden 3.jpg

The broken up bits seem rather thin.

garden 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Who knows? I doubt it is a service route running across the house, looks like an old foundation. I would nibble at it very carefully bit by bit. Oh and if it starts to tick stop and run!:sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Any idea what was there previously? www.old-maps.co.uk might give you an indication of any past structure that may have stood there. If not, assume there is something under it and proceed with caution. Hitting a gas or electricity service isn't cheap. Or recommended....

If its flat on the top and about 6" deep then its likely an old footing. It does not look to be in the right place for any services.

Thanks all now sorted, it was a mess not really thin in places, removed now and all OK, thanks.

^^^ especially not with those metal shovels

Depends what you have on your hands and feet it seems! Neighbours had a Power cut on Sunday last, soon found out it was only about 6 houses affected, (mine was still on). Western Power arrived and proceeded to excavate to expose the fault. I went out to offer them a cup of tea later in the evening, they were jointing new cable to old. Live..... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back