What is this stuff called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, these photos have been taken from our pharmacy. There is an access door made for the consumer unit and various other control panels and is generally kept locked at all times.

Now the edge of the door and the surroundings have this aluminium type beading neatly fixed on, I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what it is actually called so that I can get some for a diy job im doing at my other premises.

Thanks

14102008335.jpg

14102008336.jpg

14102008337.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry, you wanted to know what it is called.

I would search under profile, extrusion, trim, angle.

Find a local Ali window manufacturer and they will probably have some to sell.

hmm I dont about these bil, they are only 1 meter in length which will look rubbish if i have to join two pieces together on a straight and besides they are 6 pound a pop :confused:

the one in our pharmacy are straight long lengths

Sponsored Links
ive just been looking at profiles and extrusions, these seem more complicated than what i want. The thing im after is around 20-25mm on each end and is a simple L shaped trim.

B&Q do 2m lengths as well. It's going to be expensive, metal just is

kilo - aluminium angle available from BACO Metals, branches all over the UK, including Leeds. They changed their name to Blackburns Metals so look for both in your Yellow Pages. Angle is available as equal or unequal and in loads of different sizes & thicknesses.

Check out this link for lengths of 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m.

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/detail.asp?Cat_ID=12&Prd_ID=18

Cheapest here for a reasonable size angle is £5.48. That's for a 25.4mm x 25.4mm x 1.6mm x 1m length. Aluminium IS expensive. They do a cheaper one at £4.72 for a 12.7mm x 12.7mm x 1.6mm x 1m length but 12.7mm won't give you much of a 'return' on the corners of your frame or whatever you are building. The closest one to the B&Q one above is: 31.75mm x 31.75mm x 1.6mm x 1m and that costs the same as the B&Q one at £6.06.

By the way, its ALUMINIUM ANGLE you are looking for.

Aah thanks for that guys, really appreciate all of your inputs.

I thought it was called Aluminium angle but when i searched it just didnt seem right as i found all of them being approx 1m in length

hmm I dont about these bil, they are only 1 meter in length which will look rubbish if i have to join two pieces together on a straight and besides they are 6 pound a pop :confused:

the one in our pharmacy are straight long lengths

The link I posted was more to show that they stocked the product rather than provide you the exact item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back