What is this vent? Is it needed? Need to know by tomorrow if possible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our small kitchen extension there are two vents. It is a cavity brick wall and there is nothing either vent goes to on the inside. The bottom one (above internal floor level) had already been filled before we moved in and now we're getting it all rendered the guy asked if we wanted the top vent covered up too. I don't know if it has a purpose? There are no other vents at this height on any of the other walls which are also cavity brick.
What do you think? Can we just cover it up?
IMG_20180419_202238.jpg IMG_20180419_202144.jpg

Sponsored Links
They used to vent cavity walls with a low level and high level air brick, but this is not done anymore.

They used to vent cavity walls with a low level and high level air brick, but this is not done anymore.

Thanks! So I take it that covering over won't cause a problem? The cavities have been filled with those foam insulation balls so I doubt there's much airflow anyway.

No it's not needed. It was found that air bricks caused cold spots on the internal walls anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back