What Ladder to buy??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a first floor masonette (flat).

I have noticed along with many DIY projects I need a ladder.

I like the idea of being able to share the ladder with friends, parents etc. So Ideally I am looking to get a ladder that will be transportable.

I love the idea of a telescopic ladder. But they only extend to 3 metres or so. I need a ladder that will allow me to replace some putty in my window frame.

I so far think this might be ok, anyone any recomendations or other site
MM050310340.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have used one similar to the first pic. un nerving when you first go up and its not leaning on anything.

I would get an ordainairy ladder and keep it. dont share it, you will not get it back when you want it

combi ladders are very useful tools, having a three in one ladder which is a set of steps, a small triple ladder and an extendable steps.
I run a couple in my hire fleet and they are very popular with the local maintainece guys for all the light small jobs.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i had a flexi plus ladder that MFCGMFC and really didnt get on with it. when working on it for a long period of time. 10 or more minutes it made my feet hurt as the rungs never went the right way to have the flat part against your soles.

The combi ladder is great for access. But you wont go up it unless your misses is holding the bottom of it. but then it has the a frame option and its good for getting up to the guttering. in 3 piece mode too. But not very portable without a roof rack.

I have a 10ft surveyors ladder that clicks together from titan ladders which is good for getting into loft hatches and a 6 tread ladder for most jobs round the house and a combi ladder i use propbably twice a year on the same poxy cctv camera each time it get flooded into....

youll have to decide cpc.co.uk sometimes have access stuff on offer too might be worth a look. quick delivery too.

Rob

Thread from 2004 guys, he's probably bought a ladder by now... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back