What laptop to buy

M

martineire

Hi I'm looking to buy a laptop mainly just for searching the Internet, watching YouTube, uploading music and photos. I have a budget of €500-€600. What is the best laptop out there to suit my needs. I just don't want to buy a piece of S**T. Sorry I know very little about laptop :(

Any advice
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was told a Quad Core i7 Acer laptop would be the best on the market for that kind of money. Would ye agree??

The i7 is far far more than what you need. I have an i5 processor, and I can multitask, run 3D design software, and if needed, my laptop can run some games. I think for what you'll be using it for, you probably don't even need an i3. However, considering the budget you have, and the speed in which technology moves, consider an i3 or an i5 anyway, just so you have a decent enough machine in terms of speed. Most of the typical laptop brands are as good as each other, so you don't have to be very choosey. Consider warranty as a good reason to buy, also, yu don't have to buy an antivirus from the shop, no matter how much they ask you to. Avast home edition is free to download as as good, if not better, than it's paid for rivals.

Sponsored Links
I always recommend sony laptops. Well they are slightly expensive than acer or samsung or dell but they have certainly a better hardware. I have dropped my sony laptop few times but it always comes to life. My priority in laptop is always 1. user friendly, speed, resolution and sony models have all these. thank you

edit > oops I see the original post date

nb Sony are selling their Viao division, not a good one to recomend

I recommend that you don't buy a Sony laptop.

The latest and last line of their laptops is undergoing an urgent recall. The batteries are dangerous! It's the second time this has happened to Sony.

Sony have had no success with their Vaio models and their customer support is terrible. That's not going to change.

Oops, I've just noticed date of the the original post too but the comment is still valid. Their laptops at the time of the original post were fitted with the nVidia 8400 chip and were a disaster. Sony were not helpful in fixing them and Vaios with graphics problems are regular items on eBay.

For what your after, take £200 and put it in the bank.

Then take the rest and buy a laptop, any entry level laptop of that price will fulfil your needs.

Sponsored Links
Back