What material to seal edging against tarmac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to tidy up the entrance to our drive and for reasons I won't bore you with I have decided to use decorative stone chippings.

Where the road contractor cut away the tarmac to form an edge I am putting in edging stone and notice that there are gaps between the edging and the original tarmac which will allow water ingress under the tarmac.

edge1.jpg

edge2.jpg

I am not sure if this will be a problem, but would like to tidy up and seal the joint and wonder what material is best to do that - something that will 'set' and not 'sweat' in the heat and get on to shoes/tyres etc.
I have seen the road contractors use a liquid tat poured onto joints from a watering can but not sure if this is readily available - or even suitable.

Can anyone suggest a solution - vast quantities not needed as the length of the joint is only 7 metres.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back