What! No explanation or apology?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There I was, trying to post a reply and wanting to lookup some previous replies. So I open a new tab and click my DIYnot shortcut. Will it open? No! The little wheel turn round for ages and I eventually get a message saying the site is busy or it's the wrong address or something else, please try again. This goes on for about half an hour.

Then I get a "500 Server Error".

Then, when I was about to give up, the site magically comes to life again.

What happened???

This was between 2200 and 2300 hrs last night.

Sponsored Links
Sorry :oops:

The server going through a tantrum, for reasons we are still investigating.

Missed out a word - well spotted!!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Well I don't use the site Spell Checker tbh as its generally a bit rubbish, no excuse though, not for Admin! I should be a mod, clean the site up, get rid of the idiots! :p

Well I don't use the site Spell Checker tbh as its generally a bit rubbish
You completely miss the point. :rolleyes: It was not a spelling mistake. so the spell checker cannot be blamed. Through and threw are both valid words. The problem is that they sound the same (technically they are homophones), but they have completely different meanings.

Look them up at Oxford Dictionaries

No I did grasp what you were saying, it wasn't a spelling error but a grammar error. As mentioned though its no excuse.

You're first on my list of members to be banned BTW! :evil:

it wasn't a spelling error but a grammar error
But, when you think about it carefully, it was a spelling error. Admin believed that threw was spelt "through". Unfortunately for him, it was not an error which any spell checker could have picked up; a thesaurus might have.

As for whether it was a grammatical error - that's another debate. :LOL:

Sorry :oops:

The server going through a tantrum, for reasons we are still investigating.

Missed out a word - well spotted!!! :cry:

There you go Freddy & D_ , not a spelling error, not a grammatical error - a simple forget error.

Nit-pickers! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back