what notch trowel and adhesive marble wet room.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im about to lay some 10cmx30cm marble in my wetroom / bathroom floor.

Im struggling to find which trowel to use. after hours of googleing I think i need to end up with a "soild bed" and back butter the tiles. But im unsure of what trowel to use, square, V, U ect 6-8mm??

The floor is very flat.

Im also looking for a adhesive that does both the floor and wall. Both are grey marble and the wall tiles are 30x47s.

(y)

Sponsored Links
As it is wet room and you want as close to 100% coverage a possible, given your tile size I would probably opt for the 6mm sq notch.

Thanks for the reply. Ive got a 8mm square but also just brought a 10x20mm half moon that I was going to use. Im probably over thinking it.

I guess im just looking for a soild bed of adsive so I was going to try both and bed a couple of tiles in and pull them back out to check all of the back of the tile had adhesive over it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back