What order does the work take place when fitting a bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to convert an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom. As far as I can tell there are three jobs involved, plumbing the fittings into place, electrics [Adding a fan plus I'm thinking of maybe lowering the ceiling and adding multiple lights], and sealing and tiling the walls and floor. I'm thinking about having a go at the tiling myself.

Step one seems to be obvious, strip all the old walls and floor to leave it all fairly clean.

After that what order do the three jobs get done in? If I have to hire two separate people to do plumbing and electrics what state will each of them need the room to be in when they turn up?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
In your case electric first, if you are lowering ceiling then you can't tile until it's finished unless tiles are not going full hight and leccy will need to return to fit lighting.Explain to plumber where everythings going and he can guide you as to areas to be tiled before and after his work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back