What part do I need?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am a DIY novice. I had Currys over on Saturday to fit my new washing machine, and on arrival the guy doing the installation complained that the previous tenant had taken a part with them that was needed for the waste pipe. He told me I needed to go to B&Q to get a 'waste taper end'. I did, but they only had one size, which was too small. By the time I got back he was gone, and now after going to b&q again, screwfix direct and other places, I can't find the actual part I need.

I think from what he's telling me it's to make sure the waste pipe fits into another pipe and stays there, otherwise when I run my washing machine the pipe will pop out from the pressure and it'll go everywhere.

I just need help on where i can get this part, and what its actual name is. Once I know that I can figure out sizes etc. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Matt, the bit you need is called a nozzle (look at McAlpine Plumbing MA15)......you may find one in the larger sheds or Homebase etc but obviously they usually come with the new waste fitting.
Fingers crossed that the threads are the same.....
John :)

Just above were your washing machine pipe goes in on the black bit your overflow pipe is missing also

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Is there a whole part i'm missing then, or just the nozzle? If it's easier to get a whole part I can do.

Sponsored Links
Just above were your washing machine pipe goes in on the black bit your overflow pipe is missing also

yes i was going to say that, i wonder if the sink doesn't have an overflow & they have used that for the w/m.

OP you haven't got room for another nozzle you either need to change the bottle trap for a P trap with a spigot (although that will alter the height of your waste pipework) or get a clamp type one that fits on the pipe & it cuts a hole into the pipe, but whatever you do you will need to cap off that overflow connection or if you do have an overflow inside the sink then this needs a hose to reconnect it up

I don't think that sink has an overflow. It looks like it's a bowl and a half bowl set up. Each sink overflows into the other, if you get my drift.
The piece that looks like the overflow connection will be blanked off.

I don't think that sink has an overflow. It looks like it's a bowl and a half bowl set up. Each sink overflows into the other, if you get my drift.

It is blanked off, if by blanked off you mean there is no hole at the end of that black pipe.

It is blanked off, if by blanked off you mean there is no hole at the end of that black pipe.

Exactly.

Polypipe do the ‘cap and liner’ on its own. WT62, roughly £2 to £2.50. 1” BSP nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back