what plant is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have uploaded pictures which I am hoping appear along with this post.

It was found behind an outbuilding, and has grown quite aggressively within the last 8 weeks or so (I further note we have also had some very good weather for about that period of time). Unfortunately it does not have any flowers at present, which might make it harder to identify.

I don't think it is knotweed (or at least I hope it isn't!). Hoping a keen arborist/horticulturalist here might be able to shed some light.

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    501.1 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
It’s a sycamore tree.

Thank you very much and for such a speedy answer. The sycamore tree is a more welcome addition to the garden than knotweed, although I am planning to build over the site within the next few months or so.

Before you destroy it to build over the site transplant it to another part of the garden.
Failing that see if you have any sycamores in the local park/area and replant it amongst them.

Sponsored Links
Before you destroy it to build over the site transplant it to another part of the garden.
Failing that see if you have any sycamores in the local park/area and replant it amongst them.

No. If you want a sycamore for some reason, grow it from seed. This one would be difficult to transplant.

Mow your lawn regularly and you shouldn't need to pick/pull anything up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back