What plugs for Countersunk screw going into plasterboard (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Countersunk screw going into plasterboard.

I have bought a floating desk that I would like to attach to a plasterboard wall. It came with 8- 80mm screws with plugs.

What would be the best plugs to use in this situation to improve the hold against the plasterboard.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why won't you screw into the studs or wall behind?

Sponsored Links
Countersunk screw going into plasterboard.

I have bought a floating desk that I would like to attach to a plasterboard wall. It came with 8- 80mm screws with plugs.

What would be the best plugs to use in this situation to improve the hold against the plasterboard.

Thanks
Uno a plasterboard fixing wont hold a floating desk. Even screws driven into block or wood will loosen with the loading. A floating shelf maybe, but not a desk with typical loading of books and PCs etc.

It's only for a laptop and a book.

This is the desk - aleawol Wall Mounted Table Folding 80x40cm Large Floating Laptop Desk Fold-Down Work Table Drop-Leaf Table Wall Writing Desk PC Table Computer Desk Dining Table with Brackets for Space Saving (White) https://amzn.eu/d/6OXnch5

It's only for a laptop and a book.

This is the desk - aleawol Wall Mounted Table Folding 80x40cm Large Floating Laptop Desk Fold-Down Work Table Drop-Leaf Table Wall Writing Desk PC Table Computer Desk Dining Table with Brackets for Space Saving (White) https://amzn.eu/d/6OXnch5
Then your 80mm fixings may suffice. If there is a suitable gap between the plasterboard and blockwork, consider corefix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back