What price you gettin then?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I did city & guilds brickwork late 80's just before it changed to nvq, used to get 70 a day , then come out of it early nineties when things went a bit tit's up .

What day rate would i be likely to get these days??

Sponsored Links
how much willing to pay? thought that was obvouis u would want the best price , but how much day rate these day's?

Sponsored Links
giving your best price ? yeah like thats gonna happen , take a look at the customers car house etc and make an informed guess at what they can afford, that's if you want the job else just take the **** with a over the top quote, u never know they may be stupid enough to say ok when can you start lol.

breadknife said:
giving your best price ? yeah like thats gonna happen , take a look at the customers car house etc and make an informed guess at what they can afford, that's if you want the job else just take the p**s with a over the top quote, u never know they may be stupid enough to say ok when can you start lol.

That's the exact statement that would guarantee you would never work on my house, garden etc. I do my best to steer clear of you and look for honest and friendly tradesmen who offer an honest fair quote. They do exist, unfortunately for you..

Basing it on the car they drive or house they own is a terrible attitude. A set job is a set price. If they want it done sharpish and you explain this will cost more and they agree then that's fair enough. Honesty is number one in my opinion. You'll get recommendations that way.

I hav one setting of quoting 'guidelines', however busy I am, however poor or rich the customer looks. I am expensive all the time though compared to most and never go in to compete on price, just quality and reliability. Hence why I now need to take someone on ;)

same price for summer and for winter. the price i quote is the price you pay, i dont haggle!

It amazes me when people come back on a quote, the questions they ask.

can you knock off for cash?
No i dont take the risk, oh and you want my gaurentee and insurance cover while im working for you though i take it!

can my husband do the labouring for you?
ok ill just lay off my guys for the job, while i use your husband who works in an office all day and doesnt have the first clue

can you do the same job cheaper?
no thats why ive quoted what i quoted

can you cut some corners or use cheaper materials?
goodbye!

Of course we all can be that picky in the good times..However we're been in recession before and most brickies would then work for food.

Cheers

Richard

Thermo said:
same price for summer and for winter. the price i quote is the price you pay, i dont haggle!

It amazes me when people come back on a quote, the questions they ask.

can you knock off for cash?
No i dont take the risk, oh and you want my gaurentee and insurance cover while im working for you though i take it!

can my husband do the labouring for you?
ok ill just lay off my guys for the job, while i use your husband who works in an office all day and doesnt have the first clue

can you do the same job cheaper?
no thats why ive quoted what i quoted

can you cut some corners or use cheaper materials?
goodbye!

I Agree 1 million percent I do not haggle take my price or leave it and NO I will not use anyone not in my direct employ to help

Sponsored Links
Back