What rawl plugs and screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've replaced a junction box in my porch, and used the old screw and old hole to re-attach it. However, it's loose and I can't just shove a screw in the wall because it seems to be powdery and crumbles.

Which is the best screws for this kinda thing? Will bronze screws be okay? Also, do I need the red rawl plugs? The whole will only be like 5mm :) Cheers.

bt80a.JPG

The holes to attach it to the wall are in the middle, you can see one hole at this angle.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
any screws will do as its gonna be dry. use the best fit plug if it is loose then squirt some grip fill or no nails on the plug before you put it in let it dry then screw away.

So drill a little hole, insert raw plug and then screw it in. I just thought the bronze screws we're wood and meant only for wood.

Its a phone junction box mate, its no weight what so ever.

Any plug and screw that doesnt foul the PCB will be fine, I think I get what you mean about screw types but I wouldnt worry.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
3mm X 25mm or No. 6 X 1" plain steel or plated screws, and plugs to suit (usually the little yellow ones are fine - there's no weight there). No need for brass screws.

A blob of Painters mate behind it :idea: even a whole tube is cheap as chips - forget the screws , aircraft are glued together ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back