What RCB Do I need For 43 50W Lights

Sponsored Links
Lear we not forget that the lights maybe 43 x 50w plus the kitchen, hall, and other rooms on the circuit.

You still haven't hurt yourself yet then Mr Deluded?

Could you confirm if the 43 gu10s are on there own circuit or is there other lighting loads to add to the 43 x 50w ?

They are just the lights - I counted again - There are 43 50W lights. Now we do have a chandelier which has 6 bulbs in which I have counted individually.

So we have 36 downalights and 6 bulbs in the chandeleir - Nothing else

Oh, not that word 'troll' that came from america.

Besides, you are feeding him, you've replied.

Go on then, SF, tell us what you think of him?

1) Is he a "troll" (I don't like the word either, but at least we know what it means)?
2) Or is he genuinely looking for help?

And if 2, do you think that he's capable of understanding the advice given here and using that advice to achieve an effective and safe installation?
Honest hanswer happreciated...
:mrgreen:

I am looking for help and advice - Nothing else

Sponsored Links
No you are not.

Or at least, if you are then you are clearly looking for it just so you can ignore it.

36 downlighting plus 6 lamps in the chandelier makes 42 lights. What about the other one?

When installing the lights and cables did you calculate the load before or not?

Did you realise that down lighters are not meant to light up an entire room?

Most UK lighting systems some where have something rated at 5 or 6 amp normally the ceiling rose. So in most cases we are limited to 6A MCB's or 5A fuses.

In which case option is either split into circuits or reduce wattage of bulbs. If there is nothing that is rated at 5 or 6 amp then maybe a larger MCB but it is unlikely that there will be nothing left rated at 6A.

The other option is to ensure lights are switched off using pneumatic switches in hall to ensure lights can't be left on.

But using lights to heat the home does seem rather silly and the move to Cold cathode or LED it likely best and easiest option.

If DA can post a picture of his installation to give himself credence, that would help his situation. Somehow, I fear he cannot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back