What's the maximum number of downlights/bulbs

Shafty-Bobs said:
A bit of advise please...
I'm wanting to install lots of downlights and wall lights (Mains mainly, but a few low voltage) in the house and I'd like to know if there is a limit so that that I don't go over board. If my MCB has 6A rating and 1.00mm T&E is used for the lighting circuit what is the maximum wattage of bulbs I can use? Can I use say, 50 bulbs at 50W each (2500 Watts)???
Shafty - I'm not trying to be snide, or sarcastic or anything, but if you can't do something as simple as 6 x 230 = 1380, and spot that 1380 is a great deal less than 2500, do you really think you should be messing with your electrics?

Sponsored Links
Shafty-Bobs said:
A bit of advise please...I'm wanting to install lots of downlights and wall lights
My advice is simple: Don't do it! :)

Shafty-Bobs said:
...I'd like to know if there is a limit so that that I don't go over board. If my MCB has 6A rating and 1.00mm T&E is used for the lighting circuit what is the maximum wattage of bulbs I can use? Can I use say, 50 bulbs at 50W each (2500 Watts)???
I think it's well overboard... have you thought about what this lot will cost to run? If they are all on an average of five hours a day, that's about a hundred quid a quarter electricity bill, just for the lights!

Not to mention Global Warming...

Cheers,

Howard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back