What setup for a large house with many showers?

A break tank and booster set, is the only guaranteed way.

Sponsored Links
An accumulator can solve a poor flow rate. The cost and inconvenience of a poor main flow can be overcome with an accumulator.
That's (only) partly true, but so what? A bucket of water over your head is a good flow rate but makes a lousy shower.

There is nothing only partly true in Big Burner's sentence, having re-read it.

There are a couple of individuals on this forum with a chip on their shoulders over accumulators, even though they were invented by the Romans. The more you rubbish them, ChrisR, the more I will mention them. And even if you wear me down, you'll never shut Big Burner up.

Taps were invented even earlier than accumulators, to avoid the bucket of water scenario.

No one has mentioned gravity supplied showers. :eek: (Apart from the bucket of water scenario :LOL: )

The OP may have a building with good head height and perhaps some of the showers are on the lower level. Most manufacturers make gravity compatible thermo mixers these days.
My own (manual mixer) gravity shower operates OK on a 2 meter head and uses a lot less water than the mains.
With some careful design he could have a combination of gravity fed and mains fed through the DPS unit perhaps combined with a much smaller accumulator if his mains supply is severly limited.

Six showers sounds like a B&B to me. Doing a home at the moment with four Mira Excels and all mains fed. Explained to the customer that he may be disappointed if he tries running any more than two at once but he seems happy this scenario will not arise.
With 4 sprogs and one on the way I'm not so sure. :(
New mains being laid though. :D

Sponsored Links
There is nothing only partly true in Big Burner's sentence, having re-read it.
But it's only part of the truth. A "good" shower is not only a question of flow. If the mains pressure is at the statutory minimum, accumulators are awful. Other places they're ideal. They're just another plumbing fitting, so no chips. Other than yours.

The more you rubbish them, ChrisR, the more I will mention them.
I'm not rubbishing them, I'm only rubbishing the people who claim they're something they're not, and seem unable to take a scientific or even engineering approach to simple questions.
That's what Water Systems used to do, and we dealt with him. Chips with everything.

That's what Water Systems used to do, and we dealt with him. Chips with everything.

Water Systems is still on this forum, and you know it. In fact he has been posting in this very thread. So he hasn't been 'dealt with'; why make claims which are patently untrue?

And who is WE? Are you a member of some sort of clandestine club?

Water Systems was banned following complaints.
Mod

this many showers is not a problem at all, use a cold water storage tank which will supply water to a modulating boost pump this supplies cold water to showers and cold water to some kind of storage/combination boiler e.g acv 35tc or 85tc or two unvented cylinders, very simple to have done and very efficient, with the correct pump either one or all showers can be used without any other outlet flow rate been affected,

this many showers is not a problem at all, use a cold water storage tank which will supply water to a modulating boost pump this supplies cold water to showers and cold water to some kind of storage/combination boiler e.g acv 35tc or 85tc or two unvented cylinders, very simple to have done and very efficient, with the correct pump either one or all showers can be used without any other outlet flow rate been affected,

Keep your eye on the previous posts dates, this topic is now 7 months old :rolleyes: ; I suspect he may have found a solution by now & is probably using them! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back