what shall i do with old soil pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a new bathroom now, old bathroom is now part of the kitchen, but the toilet soil pipe is still there....i was thinking of breaking the concrete around it so i could cut it down below the floor level, then block it up with concrete.....and then level off the floor with new concrete....is that ok to do ?...or whats the best way to do it ?..cheers

Sponsored Links
Some of the guys here would shove some newspaper down it and finish off with concrete.

I would use an expanding drain test bung and if essential finish with weak mix concrete. Then it can be taken out easily.

Tony

well i dont want to take the pipe out as its under the concrete floor...the pipe coming out the ground is plastic pipe....the one where your toilet is connected to....this is never going to be used again as my bathroom has been relocated....i was thinking of bunging some large bricks down it so they get stuck and fill it up with cement ..

Use a big ball of newspaper then!

That wont get stuck further down and have you digging up the drain outside to get at the new blockage!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Use a big ball of newspaper then!

That wont get stuck further down and have you digging up the drain outside to get at the new blockage!

Tony
cheers mate good idea....better then my bricks ! :LOL:

If it's plastic cut it off below the floor and stick a cap on it.

Agile said:
Some of the guys here would shove some newspaper down it and finish off with concrete.

Tony
Yus, but read it fust :idea: and keep the T.V. page

Nige F said:
Agile said:

Tony
Yus, but read it fust :idea: and keep the T.V. page

And do the crossword while drinking the mugs tea/coffee :LOL:

off subject a bit but i was wondering how much i should charge for a small bathroom suite installation .
i have just started out and this is my second job so am not really sure as to how much i should charge .i have found the suite and priced up how much that and the materials will cost but now am unsure as i dont want to scare the customer away :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back