What should I do about the heating in my house?

I am not so sure... the issue with electric convectors is the temperature of the element which creates the dry air...

with night storage heaters it is also the lack of controllability...

I know people who have them and they consider them to be good to excellent...

Out of interest is their any research suggesting that compensation controls on electric heaters are not effective...

given that heat loads do vary it would indicate that savings can be made...the human body is not sensitive to 1c degree of heat, so holding the temperature at say 20c must provide savings (NOTE I am not not saying run the heaters 24/7) Its about programming the temperature for the times you want...

Sponsored Links
I am not so sure..
I am, your blind faith in compensation controls being the answer to ills is again making you look foolish. I can only presume you've never used electric heating in a home.
Your a marketing mans dream you really are.

I've just re furbished an old cottage that I now rent out no gas to property so I bought electric radiators on the internet approx £300 for four with stats & timers the house has good insulation, if I had installed gas heating the cost would have been aprox 4k given the difference you can get a lot of electric for £3700 no problem with leaks, sevicing , breakdowns etc, tenants are happy with running costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back