What should i do if the handle does not fit in the cistern??

J

joeread

i have bought a new toilet handle for my WC. The hole in the cistern is to small, am i able to file the hole down or are there select sized handles? the hole in the WC is 18mm wide

thanks

Sponsored Links
I suppose you could file it but you will need a diamond file and it will take about an hour per mm.

If you have a lathe you could probably reduce the size of the handle shaft quicker.

Tony

you need an ideal standard handle they are smaller than standard handles

I suppose you could file it but you will need a diamond file and it will take about an hour per mm.

If you have a lathe you could probably reduce the size of the handle shaft quicker.

Tony

if it is a plasctic cistern you can use a rasp and do it in 5 seconds, or even better, who can remember the black RUBBER cisterns we used to fit in the council houses, haha can you imagine trying to fit one of them now, you would get slapped by the punter

Sponsored Links
i've not long worked on a social housing project to renew bathrooms , and an asbestos company had to remove those black rubber cisterns as apparently they contained a not insignificant amount of asbestos ,

i've not long worked on a social housing project to renew bathrooms , and an asbestos company had to remove those black rubber cisterns as apparently they contained a not insignificant amount of asbestos ,
what a not inconsiderable amount of ****** :LOL: Social Housing - the new cash cow :rolleyes: Bring back the Direct Labour ;) I`d have whipped them off the wall and onto eBay :LOL:

Tony

if it is a plasctic cistern you can use a rasp and do it in 5 seconds, or even better, who can remember the black RUBBER cisterns we used to fit in the council houses, haha can you imagine trying to fit one of them now, you would get slapped by the punter
We had our broken iron one replaced with a rubber one - high level.never did get a new sink - still had a belfast one with a wooden draining board on one side when we left the social sector :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back