What should I do with this skirting?

Sponsored Links
Investigate the cause and rule out anything troublesome.

Then:

Thanks Swwils. There's no dampness in the wall, I think it might be down to some dodgy fitting of the skirting when the wooden floor was put in. It's an old 1870's property. I'll give the foam and filler technique a go.

Hi, the gap could be that the skirting board is not tall enough! The original skirting board would be far taller in a Victorian house. Plaster on a wall does not reach the floor for several reasons....

Sponsored Links
Hi, the gap could be that the skirting board is not tall enough! The original skirting board would be far taller in a Victorian house. Plaster on a wall does not reach the floor for several reasons....

I think you might be right! The downstairs skirting is all higher at around 7" while the problem skirting upstairs is just less than 5". The question is should I replace the skirting or just use the foam and filler technique above?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back