What should I use to hang bathroom cabinet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Am installing a bathroom cabinet and was thinking of using Gripit or Bullfix type fixings. The main downside being the size of hole required for both.

Would something like the Fischer UX6 be able to support a bathroom cabinet?

Size of cabinet is as follows- 83x16x98 cm.

The wall is insulated plasterboard. No brick or breeze block behind it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Am installing a bathroom cabinet and was thinking of using Gripit or Bullfix type fixings. The main downside being the size of hole required for both.

Would something like the Fischer UX6 be able to support a bathroom cabinet?

Size of cabinet is as follows- 83x16x98 cm.

The wall is insulated plasterboard. No brick or breeze block behind it.

Thanks
So what is the board fixed to?

Sponsored Links
The situation has become a lot more complicated, having built the cabinet I have found it only has 2 fixing points which are 15mm away from the wall. One of the fixing points can be positioned next to a stud to allow a secure fixing. However, I can’t use a normal woodscrew as it needs a pan/bolt head to allow the cabinet to slot over it. I will likely need a coach screw.

Any recommendations on which type of coach screw would be best? Would 6x50mm be sufficient?

Last edited:
Put cupboard against the wall. Mark outside edges and fixing points with a ✏️ pencil ✏️

Cut a square x2 within the outer edges, and below fixing points
big enough to then slide some baton on Ply behind spanning the square from top to bottom and behind the fixing hole.

The baton/Ply then acts in two ways.
1 so you can screw the square ⬛️ you cut out
2 something solid so your cupboard will be held tight.

Once cupboard is up you will see no cuts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back