what size door do i need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys i have an internal doorway that measures 810mm x 2010mm. what size wooden door can i buy to fit. all doors i have seen are either to small or to big (trimming the bigger doors would mean taking a lot of the edges) am i just being thick ?

Sponsored Links
The closest standard off the shelf door is most likey to be around 840mm or 2' 9" in old money.
If the door is a standard flush door you may find that taking 15mm off the sides removes the edging which would really need replacing. A panel door is less of a problem and the 15mm either side probably won't be noticeable.
An alternative is to replace the lining as well, i.e. so that door and lining are made to fit without any ,or at least without too much, messing around.You could of course have custom made but that would most likey be too expensive.

813 x 2032 doors are available off the shelf. try magnets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back