What size of radiator for room 2.4m x 3.0m?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As mentioned on another thred I would like to buy a new radiator for a room thats 2.4m x 3.0m. The room has two external walls (with cavity insulation) and is upstairs (with good loft insulation).

Does anyone here know what size of radiator i need for this room ?

Thanks

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
The actual calculations are compiled by taking all relevent factors into consideration, room size/height, insulation of walls/floor and ceiling, amount of extrior walls in that room, output of boiler etc....This is usually done when installing a new HW/CH system.

A guess would be to replace with the same size rad.......! You could check to make sure that the rads also have the same output by researching what the old one is and replacing it like for like.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Assuming the two external walls are on the 3M runs and the ceiling height is 2.4 metres, pitched roof with good insulation and UPV double glazing ....

You need 0.91kW or 1kW of heat

Ta da!

EliteHeat said:
Assuming the two external walls are on the 3M runs and the ceiling height is 2.4 metres, pitched roof with good insulation and UPV double glazing ....

Ta da!

Its actualy a corner room upstairs so the two external walls are 2.4m and then a 3m one. Yep its UPVC double glazing and I have no idea what output the old radiator was as its now in the skip (it was a horrible looking 1980s type).

Dont I need to know what the BTUs are for a 1kw when asking for a radiator?

EDIT: Found this which says that 1kw = 3413 BTUs :
http://www.abrconsulting.com/Conversions/elec-con.htm#BTU

Sponsored Links
Take a look at the screwfix site. Both kWs and BTUs are quoted, choose a single or double that best suits your circumstances.

I agree that 1 kW is about right.

You have not said what thr room is to be used for.

If a bedroom then fine.

If for many hours use with a computer and the computer is low powered then a slightly larger rad might be better, say 1.2 kW, because sitting still for many hours needs a higher temperature.

I have often ben asked to replace single rads with double because of this problem now that so many people are working from home.

Tony

EliteHeat said:

Ta da!

IS THIS for a prison cell

18andahalf sq. feet rad surface area....according to my ancient Mears :LOL:

How do I paste jpegs or bmps here? as soon as I copy something to the clipboard, the option to paste greys out on the DIYNot frame.

EliteHeat said:
How do I paste jpegs or bmps here? as soon as I copy something to the clipboard, the option to paste greys out on the DIYNot frame.

www.imageshack.us/

go there upload pics then copy the writing and go back to diynot paste
and your pics should apere

ODPM whole of house method ....

Input

CropperCapture3.jpg

Output

CropperCapture2.jpg

do we need to know if its a condensing boiler or not, how much diff will this make Mr experts?

This is a question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back