WANTED - Radiator to match existing - See picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently trying to find a radiator for our little bedroom to match all the other radiators in the house.

Does anyone have any of these or know where I can buy a new one ?

The room is 2.4m x 3.0m and has two externals walls (with cavity insulation) and is upstairs with good loft insulation.

See this ad on ebay want it now:

http://wantitnow.ebay.co.uk/Radiator-to-match-below_W0QQadidZ190004909960

I am based in Chester and happy to collect anywhere in the North West

[email protected]

p.s. anyone know how to add pictures on here ?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I must ask;

Why are you seeking exactly the same...............?

Have you got a Uniform(ed) fetish..................?

No offence meant, curiosity got the better of me :LOL:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Some reclamation yards may have them but I don't think they have been made for 20+ years.

Beans-on-Toast said:
I must ask;
Why are you seeking exactly the same...............?
Have you got a Uniform(ed) fetish..................?

er..caus I want them to match the rest ?

Sponsored Links
OK, thought as much.

Having been 714/715 & CIS for a considerable time, I have managed to wean myself off the UNIFORM fetish that I started with many years ago.

Everything I installed in any way had to match, as time went by, I realised that I was the only one that was at all concerned with this choice.

After installing a slightly different radiator, you could invite 100 members of the public to tour your house and take notes on its make up, I doubt even 1 of them would notice that you have 1 different radiator in the house although you would unless you allowed that thought to flow past.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in uniformity to a degree for instance if I were changing your radiator system it would be with matching rads.

My point: Having read your post I feel good about myself that I no longer seek out that which matches rather than that which will do or is actually better for the job.

So, Thank You and NO I have no idea whatsoever where you would get one of these old rads apart from a scrap yard.

Beans-on-Toast said:
So, Thank You and NO I have no idea whatsoever where you would get one of these old rads apart from a scrap yard.

Yep thought as much but I thought I would give it a try. I am going to give in soon and just try and get a newish one to match as close as I can. The big square ones in B&Q look nothing like the one above and it would stand out like a sore thumb.

p.s. Any ideas what the smallest radiator would be that I could get away with in this room (it is well insulated). I do have a spare one thats around 12" high x 24" across that I could reuse but I thought it would be too small.

If you dont mind paying, take a photo of the existing rad to Travis Perkins and they will match it with something very similar from their many, many catalogues. They are known as the most expensive in the Building game.

I didn't think you could buy rads without convectors any more. I'll be honest I check many full systems on a daily basis and if it was just one different rad on its own in a room I doubt I would notice....I may notice the old ones and think how big, old and inefficient they look.

Beans-on-Toast said:
If you dont mind paying, take a photo of the existing rad to Travis Perkins and they will match it with something very similar from their many, many catalogues. They are known as the most expensive in the Building game.

Excellent thanks! - Radiators arent the most expensive thing anyway - Darn plumbers are though !!

:eek:

I actually have these none convecting pieces of pooh in my home, or atleast something very similar. (Just moved house!)

I will be removing the big steaming, none heat radiating, piles of scrap metal, in due course and you are welcome to pick your way through my rubbish, to match up to your existing rads.

Then again you could just update, your whole system to match the one you need to replace.

Im in Birmingham if you fancy a date with my rubbish.

find out where all the heating engineers weigh in their scrap and surely in time u will come across a good few of these rads.

That style of rad is at least 30 years old and are getting changed because they are now leaking ,why fit a rad that will last possibly a few weeks and at most a couple of years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back