What size van?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size van will I need for a wardrobe? Its going to be flat packed, and maximum length is 6ft.

Medium or long wheel base?

Good hire companies? Are all open sundays?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
flat packed wardrobe, 6 foot long? I could get that in the back of my renault megane scenic..
ok so it would be over the front seat but it would fit no problem..
I got an 8 foot concrete fence post in the other day and some 2400 long pieces of timber a few days before that..

flat packed wardrobe, 6 foot long? I could get that in the back of my renault megane scenic..
ok so it would be over the front seat but it would fit no problem..
I got an 8 foot concrete fence post in the other day and some 2400 long pieces of timber a few days before that..
You make a good point. But i have two to shift, and a desk, a set of drawers, dining table (flat packed) and 4 chairs, tv, computer, double bed.

They're only going a mile so can make several trips with a van, much easier. ;)

All this furniture is actually assembled now, being used, but i will be flattening it to get it out of the house and into the new house. (Far too big to get up stairs etc)

So would a medium wheel base van do it?

The boot of a citroen C4 is big with the seats flat, but the hole at the back isn't!!!

ah well then.. might be worth trying those "man and van" types, or a removals firm..
depends on what it's going to cost you to rent the van for the weekend? ( most don't open sundays so you have to have it saturday and either get it back by 6ish or keep it till monday early.. )

no mates or mates of a mate that you can bung £30 at for a few hours borrow of him and his van?

Sponsored Links
something like a vivaro swb size van will be fine for what you want to move.

why not get some roof bars... flat pack is fine strapped down, and you can use the roof bars many times again for free, unlike a hire van !!!

Rented a LWB van for sunday. Pickup at 9am. Going to get all my stuff down to the house, and pick up a few fence panels too. :D

Back