What slates do I have????

Sponsored Links
not easy from that picture but I think they are Penryhn welsh slates. If you buy new they look much more purple so you may be better off trying salvage yards for second hand slates.

Penrhyn ( purple welsh) as said. Brazillian repairs by the look of it. Your eaves are brazillian laid side on also . Which has brought some bond on bond.

Penrhyn ( purple welsh) as said. Brazillian repairs by the look of it. Your eaves are brazillian laid side on also . Which has brought some bond on bond.

Thanks

Not sure who did the repairs as it was before my ownership, but think it was a bit of a bodge as nobody was there to inspect

Plans are currently being drawn up for a new roof to replace the flat roof, and want to reuse the existing slates to keep the original roof type. Will need to purchase more, so can now look around and wait for a bargain.

Sponsored Links
Should be ok. You ll need to get the same size though. Think there 18 x9s.

I once had to replace half a dozen Marley tiles when a ventilator pipe was removed. The replacement tiles were new, and much brighter than the old tiles.

I disguised them with black boot polish to tone the colour down and dabs of white masonry paint to reproduce the appearance of circular lichen colonies.

Fourteen years on and it is still impossible to see which were replaced.

When your flat roof is replaced make sure that:

1. the cap sheet edging/flashing construction detail is re-constructed more effectively. At the moment it works but it could be done better.

2. that all edging overlaps aim downhill with the flow - not uphill against it. ie. start fixing low and work up high.

When your flat roof is replaced make sure that:

1. the cap sheet edging/flashing construction detail is re-constructed more effectively. At the moment it works but it could be done better.

2. that all edging overlaps aim downhill with the flow - not uphill against it. ie. start fixing low and work up high.

Will be changed for pitched roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back