What sort of glue . . . . . . . . . . ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks - a panel at the bottom of our cupboard has come loose. It's just glued on but the kettle has been used under it for a year or more and the glue fixing it in place has failed.

What sort of glue would you recommend to fix it back in place? (We've re-sited the kettle).

Many thanks.
View media item 100460View media item 100459

Sponsored Links
If it's the base of the cupboard it should be screwed to secure it, glue is unsuitable especially given that it is warped.

Consider Gorilla glue - prop the sagging piece up with some timber until it sets.
John :)
I was surprised how well Gorilla Glue worked in holding together two halves of a broken flagstone!

(Yes, I know! But it worked.)

However, it is worth remembering that the stuff expands quite a lot when setting.

Sponsored Links
Araldite 2 part adhesive,great stuff.

Clean off any old adhesive and slightly roughen the mating surfaces,prop it or clamp it together for 24 hours.

The professional approach would be a couple of screws

I was surprised how well Gorilla Glue worked in holding together two halves of a broken flagstone!

(Yes, I know! But it worked.)

However, it is worth remembering that the stuff expands quite a lot when setting.

When I think of Gorilla glue, I too think of their expanding polyurethane glue, but they also do PVA and 2 part epoxy glues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back