what spacer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
putting 31cm x 45cm wall tiles up, should i use the 2mm or 5mm spacers for this size tile. being used in bathroom

Sponsored Links
Its a matter of choice on your part,5mm generally for floors,as a rule the larger the tiles the larger the spacers.2mm would be too small IMO as they are quite large.

i use 2mm on nearly all wall tiles. looks better in my opinion as you dont see too much grout

Sponsored Links
just spaced them at 2mm, dont look right, i personally think 4-5mm is looking nicer with that size tile, i will think on it

Those are quite big tiles, make sure your walls are very flat, or you will have problems where every 4 tiles meet at the corners.

Are all the tiles exactly the same size, check them, as 2 m/m may not give you sufficient adjustment if you start to go out of line....

Those are quite big tiles, make sure your walls are very flat, or you will have problems where every 4 tiles meet at the corners.

Are all the tiles exactly the same size, check them, as 2 m/m may not give you sufficient adjustment if you start to go out of line....
thats why i'm thinking 4mm/5mm just incase.
all walls apart from one are flat, the worst wall i will do first and start the top roe first allowing a bit extra cement to allow for the slight bow towards bottom of this one wall

I would use 3mm personally

But it depends on the look that you are trying to acheive. I suggest that you glue four tiles onto an offcut of board and try grouting them up to see how they look. It will be too late when they are all on the wall :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back