What the £$$" going on???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,.

just looking for your experience with the following. I was rear ended in november, got a payout for car and got a new one, I was just wondering what happens to my old car? Its been parked on my drive for 3 months? I would sell it on e-bay but dont know if it still belongs to me? and if it doesnt can i charge the insurance company storage? I was thinking £50 a week would be fair!!! On the engineers report it was CAT C with salvaga value of £0.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I think the ins co. owns it.
Ask them what they are doing with it and if you can keep it.
If you keep it you could break it and sell spares through ebay, or weigh it in at a scrap yard (got £70 for a clio last year)

I was thinking £50 a week would be fair!!!
Heres a hint: The police compounds charge £10 a day or something, and you are keeping the car in much better surroundings than they do!! Double your charges :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes, I think it belongs to the insurers who paid out for it (i.e. the other party's not yours). As has been suggested, call them and ask. Whatever you do, get somehing in writing from them confirming what they will allow you to do with it. If you're feeling cheeky, you could also try writing to them and advising them that it is still at your premises and that they currently owe you "£x" in storage charges and ask them how they would like to pay! ;)

Back