What the h*ll is up with all the spam in General Discussion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is up with all the spam posts in General Discussion? Hundreds of the d*mn things!

======================================
Don't repost it please, we can all see it. Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
More today, seems targeted now.

Blup

Sponsored Links
More today, seems targeted now.

Blup
It’s annoying. I’ve been reporting a few but there’s so many that I feel like I’m draining the Thames with a teaspoon!

Hover over their Avatar, and then click ignore, then refresh.

Quick and simple.

We need more mods.

==========================
I have cleared hundreds. Site owner should be able to block en masse, but they may be being devious. There are several mods but one has to be on the forum to see spam.
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed the site owner and mods were all the same . Are posters mods?

Blup

I've been on forums where you are not allowed, for example, to enter the buying and selling section until you have been a member for a month and made 25 meaningful posts in other sections. Other sites insist you introduce yourself. Others again, have to have their first 5 posts approved by a moderator. Why admin won’t do something like that on here for the GD is a mystery - I’ve lost count of those that have signed up and made their first hundred posts in the GD, with not a hint of DIY about them. You can tell a troll or someone with more than one account in here a mile away when they sign up then steam straight into the GD and seem to have intimate knowledge of other members, they never answer when I ask what led them to the site - who the fùck signs up to a DIY site solely to discuss Brexit, the Conservatives or asylum seekers?

And who the **** signs up to a DIY site solely to play some word games?
Dunno. Not me. Give us a clue. Some people find it really hard to understand the rules of 'change one letter' in a four letter word so probably not you.

Says the one who started the thread. Of course it was just a wind up.

"Us"? I take it that your not straight and your personal pronouns are "They/Them"

Sponsored Links
Back