What to choose for starting height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon

I am in the process of planning out my total bathroom renovation and am trying to have everything covered off before I start.

I intend to tile the whole room which has 1 window and I will be fitting a shower tray and enclosure.

I do not wish to be left with thin slivers of tile at any point in the room, but am conscious that the window will provide a focal so want the tiling round this to be tidy. I also want the tiling above the shower tray to be tidy.

The question is - how do I choose what to use as the best reference position for starting height - either the top of the shower tray or part of the window reveal?

The job is further complicated by the fact that due to bathroom furniture requirements (i.e. the WC!) I will not be able to tile the room all in one go.

I've also been recommended adhesive manufactured by Granfix by a local tile dealer - has anyone used this? I am more prone to want to use BAL as it is well recommended.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the godlike creature that is collectivly known as Gcol has provided all these answers and more at the top of the tiling section, in the "sticky" if you go throught there first then if things are not clear or have extra questions, then come back and ask away, not meaning to be rude but it is better that way then people dont go answering the same questions over and and over.

to answer your adhesive problem, bal is by far the better choice if you listen to most on here, i personally dont use it, i use weber.

but the choice as they say. is yours!

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back