Horizontal or vertical?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed my shower tray so next job is tiling.

IMG_20200621_185840128_HDR.jpg

As you look at the picture, the size of room left to right is 1.5m and the length is 4m, if this makes a difference. The ceiling height is 2.7m

The tiles I am using are 500mm x 250mm
The shower tray, which is the area I'm tiling, is 70cm wide and 120cm long.

Would you put them vertical or horizontal?

I was originally thinking horizontal.

Would you the put the cuts in the corner of shower tray?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
1.5m x 4.0m is just about perfect for a 500x250 tile. Start in the corner of your tray and work away from it. The only spanner in the works is if you've got a window on either wall. If you have you might want to work from the centre point of the window and see how this works out. Vertical position usually starts with finding the centre line of the 2.7m wall and working up and down, but taking into consideration obvious obstacles such as window bottom, window top, top architrave, shower tray etc. Mark the wall with all obstruction heights on it and work it all out from there.

Sponsored Links
1.5m x 4.0m is just about perfect for a 500x250 tile. Start in the corner of your tray and work away from it. The only spanner in the works is if you've got a window on either wall. If you have you might want to work from the centre point of the window and see how this works out. Vertical position usually starts with finding the centre line of the 2.7m wall and working up and down, but taking into consideration obvious obstacles such as window bottom, window top, top architrave, shower tray etc. Mark the wall with all obstruction heights on it and work it all out from there.

Thanks for your reply

I'm only tiling the shower area, IE the green moisture board.

I'll go horizontal.

Thanks.

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back