What to do here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this possibke to fill in bedore skimming?
The bavj box sits really dep in the wall ans if i fill it in then the plaster will go on the cables?

Edit: is it best to take back to brick?

16093381915218389809138683687668.jpg
16093382144178448514143979369559.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
pva the hole and around the edges of the hole carefully. after turning the electric off.
scrim tape a rectangle around the opening and when your skimming something else and have some left over thats going off, use it to build the shape out with a small gauging trowel.
or the same with plasterboard adhesive.
pva over it again neat before final skimming

Maybe me but I can’t see any back box there. When I’ve added sockets and fitted back boxes in the wall, I’ve always chased out, thrown a good handful of cement or plaster in the hole, squidged the box in, to the depth I want and then leave it for a day. Next day I fix the box permanently with a couple of screws and rawl plugs. Probably why I’m not an electrician lol.

Maybe me but I can’t see any back box there. When I’ve added sockets and fitted back boxes in the wall, I’ve always chased out, thrown a good handful of cement or plaster in the hole, squidged the box in, to the depth I want and then leave it for a day. Next day I fix the box permanently with a couple of screws and rawl plugs. Probably why I’m not an electrician lol.
he said its really deep

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back