What to do to improve this path?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was gonna replace stones with a new membrane and new stones, but what about the edges? Sleepers? Leave borders
20230329_161023.jpg
20230329_160959.jpg
20230329_160935.jpg

Sponsored Links
They look a bit fooked; I'd replace them.. I find sleepers a bit cliche(but I have them)

Later this year I'll be doing a path in stepping stones surrounded by gravel, but with random rectangle sized stepping stones, a bit like soundcloud.com's logo - can't find a pic of it now but something like this, with stones that are randomly wider and narrower:

IMG_2875.jpeg

Edit:

Like this:

1681064109465.png

That's a fine idea for a large, landscaped garden by a big fancy house, but the OP garden looks to be smaller so perhaps arrange a similar design using garden tiles with a textured surface. You can raise it up a foot to keep the edges tidy, maybe.

That's a fine idea for a large, landscaped garden by a big fancy house, but the OP garden looks to be smaller so perhaps arrange a similar design using garden tiles with a textured surface. You can raise it up a foot to keep the edges tidy, maybe.
How about bricks as edging stones cemented in but the other way around to what they are now? Just a small basic job.

Sponsored Links
How about bricks as edging stones cemented in but the other way around to what they are now? Just a small basic job.
You mean side-on, lengthways along the path. Sure. Why not. Lay weed matting and pebbly-gravel to finish off, perhaps?

Tell the homeowner to Google image for garden path ideas and then present you with their choice. Your job is to do, not design?!

If it's your choice (your house/rental) maybe you can do the same and put the design hat on first ..

You mean side-on, lengthways along the path. Sure. Why not. Lay weed matting and pebbly-gravel to finish off, perhaps?

Think you may be on the right path there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back