What to do with bathroom floor /concrete/floating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House is approx 100 years old.

Has a solid concrete floor in the bathroom, there was a floating floor fitted which has now been removed while renovation takes place. I didnt mind it but renewing everything, and it meant a step up into the bathroom from the hall.

Now I suspect there is no DPM under the concrete looking at the holes where the drains/pipes are drilled through, although the wood from the old floor 10+years old was fine, no sign of damp/rot or anything.

So my question is, do I need a floating floor? or could I use those green laminate floor underlay slabs straight onto the concrete to stop floor being so cold, and some form of suitable laminate/engineered wood flooring on that?

Sponsored Links
Its hard to make out the actual slab floor surface with all that clutter & debris - there seem to be wood plates embedded in the concrete?
I presume that this is a ground floor?

The question is - how deep is the step up? You should be looking for a solution that means a level floor flowing into the next rooms.

It might be possible to lay a membrane on top of the concrete , with underlayment laid on the membrane & a floating floor on the underlayment.

FWIW: the plaster is touching the concrete, it should be cut back above what will become the finished floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back