What to put on a wallaround a dart board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has been given a dartboard for his birthday which we will put on the wall in his room. It is in a cabinet but will need some additional screening- what would you recommend, other than polystyrene as I think that'd look tatty in no time?

I am thinking insulating board but what?

Sponsored Links
Unless he's a good darts player and never misses whatever you put up will look tatty after a while with a million and one dart holes in it.
That said I would go for a soft fibre board such as tentex or (granted more expensive) sundealla board.

i fitted one for my boys in the garage, and used insulated gyproc (got some off a job :oops: ) finished it off with L shaped beading that i got from B&Q, once painted it looked fine.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, a sheet of MDF will do the trick - you can paint it the same colour as the surrounding wall, and darts will bounce off it.

Worked well for my kids for a good couple of years

You can buy dart board surrounds, which don't look tatty, but will cost £20-25.
But if your not a spender, MDF should do the trick and shouldn't damage the darts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back