what to put on walls prior to wall panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a kitchen fitted through Ikea and its been a bit of a disaster. the fitter is great but ikea have been crap in sending out the required parts. Anyway we now have a timing issue in so far as the fitter does not have time now to fit the wall panels which ikea have finally sent. the wall where they are being fitted had tiles and with the removal of tiles and the sorting out of the electrics the wall is pretty poor and i assume will need some form of board before i fit the panels themselves.

here are photos of the walls and the link to the ikea panels . they are meant to be placed behind an induction hob. I have also got the rails to fit the panels to.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lyseki...brass-colour-stainless-steel-colour-20335120/

the fitter has suggested that what ever we do that it would be difficult to fit around the sink corner so will get tiles for that part. Again the fitter has been brillliant but now has no time to fit the panels as he has bookings for other jobs

so i just want it to cover the run behind the hob etc and tile the right corner area with similar coloured tiles
20201112_081846_resized.jpg
20201112_081851_resized.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back