What to use when taking out a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I have seen a lot of people knocking down walls with a hammer and chisel but recently seen a guy saw down a wall and then just push the wall over.

What saw can cut through a brick wall?

Want to make a through lounge so am thinking sawing down would give a nice clean edge to clean up. What are the opinions on here? Thank in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is load bearing and wall will be supported with strongboy wall prop heads and acro's prior to destruction!

and rsj inserted to prevent house falling on me.

mark out the wall first then fit strong boys cut out for steels and pads cut opening with stihl saw with water kit and wet dry vac at the ready.if its a building site wont matter to much. fit pads and steels leave to set over night use rapid set OPC next day start taking the opening out one course at a time safest way if your new to it......
take out props jobs done

Sponsored Links
can the beam be installed on the party wall and opposite wall? and avoid having pillars sticking out? Or is that not enough support?

lol at using a disk saw in a house

rofl at using a petrol stilh saw in a house

roflmfao at using a petrol stilh saw and water kit in a house

Control your emotions woody.

House is more a building site than a house.

Stihl saw is electric. Not petrol.

Not planning on using a jet wash that were gonna cause a flood

Ps. Do you know what a stihl saw is? Really??

I know more about Stilh saws, than you know about demolishing walls.

Stilh are the market leader in petrol engined construction and arborical tools, and is a term used for petrol saws just like Hoover and vacuums

can the beam be installed on the party wall and opposite wall? and avoid having pillars sticking out? Or is that not enough support?

As you are proposing work on the party wall then no. If the party wall is 9" then the maximum bearing you can achieve is 4.5" which I don't think is in any way sufficient. Party Wall Agreement springs to mind.

I've read on these forums where people have said 100mm is fine but recommend 150mm for the beam to sit on.

There is no problem with a 4" bearing if the shear calculations of the beam allow it.

It has got nothing to do with the wall

Calculations? I was gonna go for a 4" x 6" beam to span the width of the room as that is more than ample

lol at using a disk saw in a house

rofl at using a petrol stilh saw in a house

roflmfao at using a petrol stilh saw and water kit in a house

You've never heard of the Hilti DCH 300 or 230 then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back