What to use when taking out a wall

You've never heard of the Hilti DCH 300 or 230 then?

No. Are they big expensive, and impressive machines for working with concrete?

The original post related to Stihl saws though. You know, petrol and exhaust fumes and stuff

Sponsored Links
The original post related to Stihl saws though

Er no it didn't. :mrgreen:

All Hilti tools are impressive and expensive though no more than a stihl petrol saw in this case.

The main point being the dch 300 and 230 are dust free for the operator and the surroundings.
Except you didn't know that cos you sit behind a desk twiddling yer thumbs. :LOL: You need to get out a bit more and see some action.

Like track sawing inside a sealed room where you come out looking like a snowman. :LOL: :LOL:

lol at using a disk saw in a house

rofl at using a petrol stilh saw in a house

roflmfao at using a petrol stilh saw and water kit in a house
Yer stihl saw in doors as the guy said its more of a builing site then home as long as he uses a wet dry vac no probs done it before my self more then once.
it works for us if we can or just use hammer and bolster
but there will be dust and abit of mess anyway

you can get a 110v 12" disc cutter with a dust killer EAT ****
you just dont know how to work buddy come work for us we will show you how its done

Sponsored Links
lol at using a disk saw in a house

rofl at using a petrol stilh saw in a house

roflmfao at using a petrol stilh saw and water kit in a house

I have done all three.

Dust can be cleaned up and the stench of petrol goes in a few hours. Re the water kit. No different to pouring a new floor slab in side and ventilating to rid the house of all the condensation is it?

Tom

I've done all three, but the point is why?

There is no advantage in terms of time, ease, effort or anything. Just a load of unnecessary mess and time to clear that up.

Hammer, bolster and a crowbar. And if anyone says otherwise, then they are fools

To get the job done fast and efficient.

There is no advantage in terms of time, ease, effort or anything. Just a load of unnecessary mess and time to clear that up.

You obviously were not very good at using machines.

Hammer, bolster and a crowbar. And if anyone says otherwise, then they are fools

Nobody uses hammers and bolsters to take down walls nowadays.
Well the neanderthals might.
You'd be laughed off site mate. :mrgreen:

It's not a building site is it. All the gear and no idea.

And how do these disk cutters help demolish the wall? Dice it up into tiny cubes, or do you just grind it into dust?

No wonder your sites have fences around, to keep the animals in

We stitch drill then use a medium/heavy breaker with a bolster attachment.

It still creates dust but nowhere near the shoite grinders throw up.

I would not dream of grinding indoors.

And how do these disk cutters help demolish the wall?

They just do the sawing.
I've done it both vac and non vac wet or dry. You name it.

A breaker does the rest.

Not some monkey prying on a crow bar.

I tried one of them arbrotec allsaws recently and it was no good for cutting through a wall, if its derelict house and you like making a lot of noise and dust then go for the power saw if the house is being lived in and you want to live longer then stitch drill and hammer and bolster.

you really are a numpty there are cases that you just cant go baging hammering and bashing into a wall is its unsafe or could make wall/steels/pads loose etc
pluss if its cut you get nice clean straightlines corners for the plastering/finishing

you really are a numpty there are cases that you just cant go baging hammering and bashing into a wall

So how do you actually demolish these walls? You certainly can't be using your wit to magic these bricks into the barrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back