what toilet brand to match carronite bath colour wise? are all whites the same?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm just speccing up the new bathroom, and we have decided on a Carronite bath. Ive read nothing but great reviews. however, Carron, only make baths, not toilets or sinks, so which brand of toilet / basin will be the "same white" as a carronite bath?

Those of you who have gone for Carronite, what toilet/basin did you pick, and was it a good colour match?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi contact carronite and ask their advice or try ideal standard they could tell you,they are in Hull.

As the bath is a gel coat colour it will never match a porcelain finish item of sanitaryware.

The two items which need to match are the WC pan/cistern and the basin/pedestal (that might be 4 items!).

The porcelain finishes tend to have a slight blue colour (cold white) and a mismatch between the glazed items sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, actually I've tried contacting Carron. They have been very helpful actually. They told me the bath is European white. Suggested a few brands, but advised I check with them. Asked duravit, Twyfords and roca. They have advised they either use a different colour, or don't know what I'm talking about.

The sink we are considering is a vanity unit from britton bathrooms. It's a dark grey with a white inset sink. The sink is "polymarble" so plastic. I figured that the toilets they make wouldn't necessarily be a perfect match due to the plastic/ceramic thing, and since the sink is mainly grey, I figured I'd try to match the toilet with the bath. The toilet will be a back to Wall with a concealed cistern.

I guess I'll just choose a toilet from a decent brand that I like and hope for the best...

Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back