What toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me on what to look for in a toilet for this waste pipe? I know I will need one with the cistern offset from the bowl but is there a certain type/measurement I need to look for?

PS: I have fitted a a straight pan connector in this image.

Attachments

• IMG_9257.jpeg
    IMG_9257.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Why do you need an offset cistern? If you removed the straight connector from the bent one, you could probably get a close coupled wc to fit.

Why do you need an offset cistern? If you removed the straight connector from the bent one, you could probably get a close coupled wc to fit.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I tried that earlier as I bought a closed coupled wc but it doesn't seal properly to the waste due to an offset. If I angle the toilet downwards to try and slot it into the waste it still leaves a gap at the bottom that is notable by feeling for the draft. Hope I have explained that correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9270.jpeg
    IMG_9270.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Not the best explanation, however it’s fine, I think I get it from the photos. You could try changing the pan connector going into the floor for a standard bent one and extension connector or maybe one with a long tail.

Sponsored Links
Not the best explanation, however it’s fine, I think I get it from the photos. You could try changing the pan connector going into the floor for a standard bent one, maybe with a long tail.
Sorry for the poor explanation. By draft I meant that the waste pipe sticking up from the floor allows a horrible draft into the room unless I stick a towel in there. When I tried to slot the toilet into it and placed my hand behind the toilet to feel if it was sealed correctly I could still feel the draft.

Anyway, does the waste pipe coming up from the ground just pull out?

No need to apologise

Yes it does.
I applied a decent amount of force and it wasn't budging. I'm wondering if it has been sealed in by the concrete and/or screed?

Just thinking about it, the toilet that I took out also has an offset wc connector.

No need to apologise

Yes it does.
So the issue was that screed had jammed the swan neck in place between the soil pipe so after some chipping away I managed to get it out.

Many thanks again for your pointers.

Attachments

• IMG_9422.jpeg
    IMG_9422.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9424.jpeg
    IMG_9424.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back