What type of mortice lock is this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to identify what type of lock is needed to achieve this situation.

A modern door with a fashionable long pull handle externally and no lever - just a euro cylinder.

But inside there is a lever!

I can't work out what type of mortice lock it is - as from the outside it suggests just a mortice deadlock and key operated, but on the inside it suggests a mortice sash lock and lever operated!

Outside
upload_2021-8-8_22-15-36.png

Inside

upload_2021-8-8_22-16-31.png

Sponsored Links
look at the edge of the door. is there a brandname on the fore-end of the lock?

look at the edge of the door. is there a brandname on the fore-end of the lock?
Lol, no I got the photos off the net just to illustrate the situation.

It seems to be a very common thing with contemporary doors, but I can't work out how it works with just a key operated from the outside.

it'll be a deadlocking nightlatch mechanism I expect

there used to be a few lever locks like that, I only know one still marketed, the 3R35. There were some cheaper ones, Union and Wellington did them.

High street banks that still have wooden front doors use that kind of thing.

Sponsored Links
yes, just goggle "mortice nightlatch"

there seem to be quite a few.

Oh I despair with google sometimes. I've been looking at locks and lock types and for days, and despite putting in certain words and terms to describe what I wanted, Google just tends to throw up the same products and same companies that want to sell me something, and no results from forums or other sources of information.

I still have a 3R35 on my front door.

Also look at "escape locks"

No quite the same thing but can be opened from inside with a knob or handle, but need a key from outside.

The listing says "British Standard" but I think that is not true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back