What type of Plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am removing the tiles from the bathroom. Unfortunately my wife doesn't want floor to ceiling re-tiling (reminds her of a laboratory!!) would like the walls painted mostly except for sink /bath area obviously.
:confused:
Quite a bit of the plaster is coming off with the tiles so It will have to be skimmed.
What type should I use?
Is it possible for a diyer? I have some experience patching up etc but the biggest area will be about 1.5 mtrs floor to ceiling.
Can it be plastered in small areas or has it to be all done in one go?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
all in one go i'm afraid, you can patch up in bits obviously, using easifill which sand down after drying but sounds like you need the whole wall doing, would be easier if you fill any holes bwfore you attempt skimming, may make it a little easier, as to whether a DIYer can do, YES!...BUT can't say what kind of result you will get.

as for the plaster to skim with, multi-finish.

if you really are thinking about attempting it i suggest reading up A LOT first, this will either persuade or dissuade you, there are quite a few things to consider, like wall material, this will determine what plaster to fill holes with, any suction control needed before skimming then there's the skimming itself.

Sponsored Links
:eek: holy cow baz! can't imagine how that works but interested to find out, don't think i'll be trying it on any of my customers walls tho :D

genuinely interested to see the results mod that's all, apologies
Come on trowelmonkey :eek: I think anyone who’s done any spreading at even a basic level can guess how it will turn out, hence the reason for Mod 11's comment. He/she thought you were obviously taking the **** :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back