What type of ply to cover top of exposed rafter ends?

18 Jul 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, just doing the roof of my orangery and wondered what the recommendations were for the type and thickness of plywood to cover the top of the external part of the exposed rafter ends?

The rafters are oak and at 400mm centres. Ideally I would like the ply to weather and look the same as the oak after a while or at least not stand out too much. Also I'm not too sure how wet the end of the ply would get as it would be under the tiles and the underlay support tray.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local