What type of pump for the basement kitchen sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i'm in the process of converting my basement into a kitchen and need advice on the type of pump to use. It will drain the sink and the dishwasher. I would like to fit it in an island which complicates things slightly.

So what type of pump do all these London basement conversion companies use?

In my experience a saniflo is a bit flaky and will not pump horizontally first. Is it good practice to pump from the lowest point to stop the prospect of having stagnant water sitting in the pipe or is there a way around this?

Would it be best to run the waste pipe away from the island and fit the pump at the lowest point in a base unit nearest the wall maybe?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
I don't understand what you mean about a problem.

My experience is that they work fine.

BUT I have always found that the non return valve supplied is totally unsuitable for pumping vertically as they leak and caused the unit to cycle.

I source ( with considerable difficulty ) a 32mm spring loaded non return valve top use in the outlet.

Tony

I thought that it would be better to use something a bit more commercial/industrial?

Sponsored Links
I am not aware of anything more commercial without going into the realms of sewage pumping stations at £2-£3k.

If its only a kitchen then hardly serious if the pump were to fail. They are actually very reliable. Its the users who are not!

No property should only have a toilet on a pumped outlet! I don't know how the conversion firms get round that one!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back